Today’s Blissfit Recipe is simply delicious and with only 82 calories per bar you really can’t go wrong to adding this to your diet.
Protein Apple and Cinnamon Bars
Another easy to prepare recipe from BlissFit Recipes.
- 3 medium apples
- 340g Total Greek yogurt 0% Fat free
- 3 medium eggs
- Ground Cinnamon (as desired)
- 50 g protein powder -Casein is the best to use as it will not make the bars too dry. Try not to use Isolate because it is a purer form of protein it tends to leave foods too dry when baked.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180°C
- Peel, remove the core and cut the apples into very small cubes
- Mix the apples and the cinnamon-Remember Cinnamon is a very strong if sweet tasting spice so judge how much you think will be needed
- Heat up a non stick pan over medium heat on the hob/stove, add the apples and bake for approximately 3-5 minutes
- Once the time is up on the apples, add the apples and other ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and mix
- Using a rectangular baking dish, line with baking paper so all sides of the dish are covered on the inside
- Add the mixture onto the baking paper in the baking dish taking care to spread it out as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
- Allow the mixture to cool after baking then carefully cut into 10 rectangular bars
- Serving Size 1 bar
- Recipe makes approx. 10 bars
- Energy: 82 cal
- Protein: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g, of which sugars 5 g
- Fat: 2 g ,of which saturates 0.5 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
If you have a recipe that you would like to see featured here or that you would like to share then please contact me here
Other BlissFit Recipes:-